The Sultan’s School was established in 1977 and as we move into our 41st year we are looking to appoint experienced teachers to help us on the next stage of our journey.
In March 2018, we will host a team from the Council of International Schools (CIS) with a view to gaining full accreditation.
More recently, and as part of our continued strive for excellence we have made considerable investment in updating our campus. This includes:
- Additional on-site teacher accommodation. All our internationally recruited staff live on campus and we have recently added four, three bedroom town houses. Additional accommodation is planned, together with upgrades to our existing villas and apartments.
- Fibre optic Wi-Fi throughout the whole campus, which will allow us to explore new avenues of teaching and learning.
- The complete refurbishment and expansion of our library that has become a focus for teaching and learning for the whole school.
- The complete refurbishment and expansion of a number of our classrooms. Further improvements are planned over the next few years.
- The development of a specialised IBDP centre for the students in Years 12 and 13. Our students have undoubtedly benefitted from this new resource as our 2017 IB results were the best in the school’s history at 95%.
If you would like to join our team, please send a CV (max two pages) and a covering letter (max two pages), together with a recent photo to the Principal (Dr. Glenn Canterford) at: email@example.com
Please DO NOT send any additional information (copies of degree certs etc) at this stage.
Positions for 2018-2019 School Year
Click the positions below for more information.
Our present counsellor was recently promoted to Head of Pastoral for Secondary and as a result we are looking to add to the counselling team.
In addition, we are also in the process of building a new state of the art boarding house for our boarders that is due to be completed in January 2019, and the appointed person will be expected to live on campus and support our scholarship and boarding programme.
- a) Ideally, we are looking to appoint someone who is fluent in Arabic and English.
- b) Given the nature of our boarding programme, we can only consider males for this role.
- c) The applicant should hold a recognised degree in counselling and will ideally have worked in the education field previously.
A qualification in early childhood education would be an advantage.
Our Kindy centre is located in a purpose built facility blessed with outstanding facilities. Demand for places in our Kindergarten always exceeds the spaces available.
Candidates should hold a recognised teaching qualification and a minimum of three years of successful full-time teaching experience. Previous experience of the Omani National Curriculum in Arabic, Social Studies and Islamic Studies would be an advantage. School policy means we can only accept applications from females for this position.
معلمة صف – تربية ابتدائية :
يجب أن تحمل المرشحة مؤهلاً تربوياً ، من جهة معترف بها. ولديها في الحد الأدنى ثلاث سنوات من الخبرة في التدريس بدوام كامل. ويفضل بأن يكون لديها خبرة سابقة في المنهاج الوطني العماني في اللغة العربية والتربية الإسلامية. سيتم الاتصال بالمرشحين الذين يتم اختيارهم ضمن القائمة النهائية. تقتضي سياسة المدرسة بقبول الطلبات من الإناث فقط لهذه الوظيفة.
Candidates should hold a recognised teaching qualification and a minimum of three years of successful full-time teaching experience. Previous experience of the Omani National Curriculum in Arabic, Social Studies and Islamic Studies would be an advantage.
معلم لغة عربية :
يجب أن يحمل المرشح مؤهلاً تربوياً ، من جهة معترف بها. ولديه في الحد الأدنى ثلاث سنوات من الخبرة في التدريس بدوام كامل. ويفضل بأن يكون لديه خبرة سابقة في المنهاج الوطني العماني في اللغة العربية والدراسات الاجتماعية والتربية الإسلامية. سيتم الاتصال بالمرشحين الذين يتم اختيارهم ضمن القائمة النهائية.
The appointed person will be expected to teach throughout secondary. Previous experience of the IGCSE and IBDP would be an advantage.
We are looking to appoint an experienced Physics/Science teacher to join one of the most successful departments in the school. Last year more than 50% of the school’s top IGCSE grades were achieved by the science department.
As well as teaching IGCSE and IB Physics, the appointed person will also be expected to teach general science in our Middle School programme.